Currently following opsi extensions are available:
- Directory Connector: Transfer of client data from an LDAP-enabled directory service (i.e. ActiveDirectory or Samba 4) to opsi.
- License Management
- Linux Agent: Management of Linux-Clients.
- Local Image Backup: Rapid client restore of student computers.
- MySQL Backend for configuration data (for larger installations).
- Nagios Connector: Monitoring of opsi-server functionality, opsi rollouts, opsi clients.
- Scalability: For large installations.
- Support of opsi-clients connected via WAN. (To use the WAN extension the MySQL-Backend is a precondition).
- UEFI Support: Support of UEFI boot and GPT partition tables.
- User-Roles: The client visibility can be configured specifically per depot.
- Connecting opsi clients via WAN (using the WAN extensions requires the MySQL backend)
- WIM-Capture: Tool for reading out a Windows installation incl. hotfixes or further software and subsequent installtation on other computers
opsi Extensions as a subscription:
- the macOS-Client is offered exclusively as a subscription
The following extensions have been released and are now part of the free opsi core:
- opsiclientd (Vista / Windows 7)
- Software on Demand (Kiosk-Mode): Approved software may be requested for opsi installation by the end user
- Managing hierarchical groups (Treeview): hierarchical groups for clients and product-groups
- Dynamic depot selection: Automatic allocation of the best depot to a client
- User Profile Management: Modify user profiles in case of using roaming profiles
- Installation on Shutdown: Installation starts when the client shuts down.